What should you do when your Santa Clarita home alarm system goes off?
Your home security system protects your home – and your loved ones – against the many risks you may face, like break-ins, fire, and flooding. Even though your home might be prepared, that doesn’t necessarily mean you are. Do you know what to do if your Santa Clarita home alarm system goes off? The blaring of an alarm is likely to be jarring, confusing, and might incite panic. Your best option is to stay level-headed and abide by these easy suggestions.
Actions to Take If Your Home Alarm System In Santa Clarita Sounds
It’s a scenario no resident desires to face, but it’s also why you put in a home alarm system from the outset. You’re roused in the wee hours of the morning with the telltale sounding of an alarm after one of your sensors has been tripped. So what are you going to do?
- Don’t panic. This is easier said than done when your home security alarm is blaring, and your pulse is pounding. But keeping yourself calm is the most effective way to appraise the situation. Avoid the urge of trying to manage the emergency alone and let your monitoring experts and first responders carry out their job.
- Take care of your loved ones. Your primary concern should be your family members and moving them out of harm’s way. If you are dealing with a intrusion, this might mean going to an appointed safe room as far away from points of entry as possible. There’s a good chance that your alarm may have deterred the trespasser, but it’s always better to be safe than sorry. If there’s fumes or a fire, you ought to leave your home without delay.
- Don’t forget your cell phone. These days, most individuals have their phones with them always, but you might fail to take it during a crisis. You’ll want to have it. You’ll have the opportunity to keep in contact with your monitoring specialists and get updates through your home security app.
Collaborate With Your 24-hour Monitoring Specialists
Whenever your home alarm system in Santa Clarita goes off, your 24-hour monitoring specialists will spring to action. Their first move is to verify your alarm, and that includes communicating with you. The procedure they follow is dependent on the sort of emergency. For example, if a medical emergency occurs, one attempt will be made to reach you before help is sent out. In the event of an intrusion - the most frequent kind of event - a monitoring professional will follow these guidelines to contact you:
- An effort will be made to communicate with you using the command hub. You will generally be asked for a passcode.
- If that isn’t successful, a call is attempted to your main contact number.
- A second number or your primary contact person is tried next.
- If you still can’t be reached, area law enforcement officers are sent.
- Your monitoring agents will follow up with you again after emergency personnel are alerted.
If you're not able to communicate with monitoring staff, that’s OK. Assistance will still be sent even if you're not able to confirm the emergency.
Get prepared for any emergency with a Vivint home alarm system in Santa Clarita
Be prepared for any situation with a modern home alarm system in Santa Clarita from Vivint. Contact (661) 718-4936 to start customizing your property’s defense today.