Tips to cut down on false alarms in Santa Clarita
False alarms can be a real issue for home security systems. Not only do they decrease the confidence you have in your alarms, but they can also be costly and time-consuming. Luckily, you may do a number of things to lessen the frequency of false alarms from your Santa Clarita security system.
First, ensure that all components are installed properly. This might sound like an obvious course of action, but it frequently happens that basic miscues lead to false alarms. For the next step, check out potential sources of false alarms, including a back door that could be kept open inadvertently. And finally, don't hesitate to incorporate the various features like home automation and scheduling to cut down on false alarms in Santa Clarita.
Is it really that straightforward? Keep reading to see for yourself.
Can you avoid false alarms in Santa Clarita?
When figuring out any issue, the first thing to do is reference the guidebook. Ensure all devices are set up correctly from your end by:
- Executing a system analysis with your smart hub.
- Visually check each component to be certain it didn't slip or need a new battery.
- Inspect your preset schedules to make sure that your home’s security isn’t engaging at inappropriate times.
- Be certain that all recently added smart devices are configured properly and aren't conflicting with your alarms.
Reach out to your Vivint specialist if you still have problems cutting down false alarms in your Santa Clarita security system. They'll be happy to send out a trained expert to inspect your setup.
Inspect your entry points
If your installation appears to be OK, the ensuing measure is to thoroughly inspect your residence. Are your doors and widows closed tightly, or are any mistakenly ajar? If an access point remains open, it may activate a motion sensor. In the event your family consistently fails to close a door, you might want to incorporate a smart lock that locks automatically when your home security is activated. Unfortunately, windows take more manual maintenance, particularly if you have someone who prefers to rest with a window cracked. Fortunately, your Vivint installation makes it easy to disengage that alarm while still shielding the remaining areas of the residence.
Automation can be a great technique to cut down on false alarms in Santa Clarita
One of the most effective techniques to reduce the chance of false alarms is to integrate automation into your alarm system. By using your mobile security app, you’re able to:
- Program a schedule to turn off the alarm when you’re in the house and avoid false alarms that happen due to mistakenly unlocking doors or windows. Then have it automatically engage again after dark as you prepare for bed.
- Have your system disengage whenever your smart lock is triggered with the right PIN.
- Use geotracking to arm your system if you leave the driveway, then turn off when you return.
- Receive smartphone notifications when your implements detect uncommon activity or require a fresh battery.
- Pair your equipment to Alexa or Google Home, so you are able to turn your system on or off without the mobile app or your touchscreen.
Cut down on false alarms in Santa Clarita with a Vivint smart home
Increased control over your property’s security results in a much lower likelihood of false alarms. To build your Vivint security package, call (661) 718-4936 or complete the following form.