Leading safety tips for new homeowners in Santa Clarita
If you purchased your first home or you’re preparing to, congratulations! It’s a wonderful time for your family. You might be considering the ways you can customize your property with paint, furnishings, and decor. But, before you get too far, make sure you consider home security too. Keeping your loved ones shielded from harm should always be a primary emphasis, and we’ll show you how with these safety tips for new homeowners in Santa Clarita.
Perform a safety audit of your new Santa Clarita property
Now that safety is top of mind, discover what your new home already has. To begin, make sure you have working smoke alarms. Inspect all of them and replace batteries if needed. Are CO detectors on site? Do you need a water sensor downstairs? This is also an excellent time to upgrade door locks and inspect all locking mechanisms on windows. Go room-by-room and get to know your new house.
Smart security tips for your Santa Clarita home
Once you’ve finished your initial investigation of safety devices and locking systems, you can look into improving your property’s defense. Get started with these security tips for your home in Santa Clarita.
- Opt for a new home security system. One of the top tools for new homeowners in Santa Clarita is a home security system. Modern wireless technology lets you keep a close watch on your property even when you’re at the office or on vacation. You are able to scan live video feeds, control door locks, and even speak with guests on your front steps directly from your mobile device. You can even personalize your defense with amazing security features like video cameras and monitored fire alarms.
- Modernize your outdoor lighting. Exterior lights with motion detectors are a smart way to turn away prospective invaders. You might even incorporate them with surveillance cameras. When a motion sensor is triggered, it can instruct your outdoor camera to record.
- Take care of your yard. Do you have an unblocked view of your property from inside? Are there large trees and bushes impeeding your view? Remove likely hiding spots for trespassers by keeping your yard well groomed. Your neighbors will appreciate it also.
- Make friends with others in your community. Speaking of your neighbors, get to know them. If you are friendly with people nearby, they’ll be more inclined to inform you if they detect suspicious activity. You can also connect to your community’s social media presence if one is created.
- Utilize home automation. If you go with a modern smart home, you can make it look like you’re on site by turning on smart lighting at programmed moments. This is a fantastic option when you’re at work or on vacation.