How to use the Vivint Smart Hub in your Santa Clarita smart home
At the core of your home’s security, the Vivint Smart Hub connects your locks, security sensors, cameras, and thermostats into one cohesive system. This easy-to-use, 7-inch color touchscreen places you in full charge of your Santa Clarita home’s security and automation. Get a better idea of what it can do and explore recommendations to get you started.
How can the Vivint Smart Hub in Santa Clarita help you?
Connecting wirelessly to components with radio frequencies and the Z-wave communications protocol, the Vivint Smart Hub is the central command interface for your home. You may disarm or arm your system, program lights, update the thermostat, and more. If integrating a doorbell camera, you can even speak to whoever’s on your front porch. The Vivint Smart Hub has a battery backup and built-in cellular connectivity for added reliability. It also provides complete remote access and control via the Vivint mobile app.
Here are some of the things you can do:
- Review live or recorded video from any linked cameras
- Arm and disarm your home security
- Turn lights on or off
- Operate your garage door
- Modify your smart thermostat settings
- Talk directly to monitoring professionals
You can do even more with your Vivint Smart Hub in Santa Clarita by implementing schedules or initiating preferences. For instance, you could have your smart thermostat adjust automatically each night at a certain time. Or, you can set rules like having your front door unlock when the smoke alarm triggers.
Quick guide to arming and disarming your system
Before you get into all the terrific things your Vivint Smart Hub can perform, you’ll have to understand how to arm and disarm your security. It’s straightforward - just abide by these instructions:
- Tap the shield icon on the main screen and swipe to the right for “Away” and left for “Stay.”
- Stay means you will still be present inside your home and arms all sensors except interior doors and motion sensors.
- Away indicates you will be away, and everything in the home will activate.
- To disarm, just slide down the shield icon and enter your PIN.
You’ll notice a notification if the system isn’t prepared to arm. To illustrate, an open door will prompt you to take action. Note that you can still arm your home’s security by following the instructions above. You will then have to verify that you wish to circumvent the sensor that isn’t ready.
Adding users to your Vivint Smart Hub in Santa Clarita
Although multiple users can be programmed when you first get your system, you will probably want to add another user at some point. Here are step-by-step instructions to do so.
- Touch the menu icon (three dots) on the bottom right of the main screen.
- Press “Users” and type in your PIN.
- Choose “Add new user” at the bottom.
- Press “Name,” type in the the name you want to use, and hit the Next button.
- If you want to supply the user remote capability, choose email or phone and provide the info to deliver an invite.
- Hit Next and then establish a PIN for this new user.
- To delete a user, navigate to the menu, tap users, choose the user you want to get rid of, and then select “Delete User.”
Automate and secure your home with Vivint
Would you like to take charge of your home’s security and automation via an easy-to-operate touchscreen interface? You’ll enjoy the Vivint Smart Hub and your new Santa Clarita home security system. Contact (661) 718-4936 to learn more.